1) Thank you NASA for your Global Leadership
2) Earth benefits to humanity
3) Vendor job fair
4) Kids to space
Quickly becoming one of the fastest growing areas in the Southeast, Jasper Crossing is just minutes from some of the best resorts, golf courses, beaches, and pristine estuaries. The location, combined with a pleasant climate, has attracted rapidly growing, amenity rich, community developments. Additionally, Jasper Crossings, is located with exceptional visibility from Interstate Highway 95, and is a natural magnet for attracting traffic on to the exit 8.
What better location to establish a culturally rich, science-oriented, performing arts and science convention center. A neo-renaissance established at Jasper Crossings will stimulate visitors of all ages from around the globe to enjoy rich arts; invigorated thinking; while relaxing with Low Country hospitality. Just as students were inspired by the great thinkers of the renaissance period, thinkers like Machiavelli, Johannes Kepler, and Michelangelo, today’s students will be equally inspired by current and future great performing artists and scientists. There is undoubtedly a true interrelationship between art and science.
Exit 8 currently welcomes about 9.5 % of the 79,000 plus cars traveling I-95 just like other interstate exits. But Exit 8 will become an exceptional destination with a planned major hotel; a veteran’s theme park to commemorate the sacrifices of those who performed military service for our country; an indoor-outdoor water theme park for young and the old; and many other proposed attractions.
• A totally alternative energy powered building utilizing thermo-hydro environmental energy; solar power for electrical requirements; and piezoelectricity generated from below the I-95 freeway.
• Inspirational displays representing state of the art alternative energy and space development R&D by major, corporation center sponsors.
• A large multi-purpose, state of the art, performing arts auditorium providing live entertainment, presentations, lectures, educational programs, and IMAX HD movies.
• A culinary school which will also meet the catering requirements of the center.
• A film school further complementing the arts programs.
• A state of the art recording, lighting and programing studio/school.
• A professionally instructed school for music and dance.
• A corporation sponsored cable channel.
• Inter-active world wide networking classes.
• A second floor will provide offices for the Kepler Space Institute and additional conferencing space with breakout rooms/classrooms, which can also be used for local community programs.
The location will be parallel to I-95 at the Hwy 278 Exit 8. The highway traffic count is 79,000 cars per day (seasonally adjusted) and the traffic on Hwy 278 is 32,000 cars per day (seasonally adjusted). To the south is the large metropolitan area of Savannah and to the East is Hilton Head Island. There are numerous fully developed communities along Hwy 278 as well as new developments like Hilton Head Lakes just opening up. The largest community is Sun City just 10 minutes from Jasper’s Crossing which will have nearly 10,000 homes as it nears full build out. The Kepler multi-purpose center will enjoy high patronage not only from the highway traffic but also from the surrounding retirement communities.
Several convenience stores and gas stations already exist at Exit 8 and more services and restaurants will be coming shortly to Jaspers Crossing. There is a proposal for a major hotel to come in and the Kepler center will provide conferencing services for it. Adjacent on the lake will be a veteran’s memorial park. This will attract veterans traveling. Additionally the Low Country has several military bases which support many retirees in the area. Across the lake will be a large indoor/outdoor water theme park which will attract many local residents as well as vacationing families. Finally, electronic billboards are planned along the property visible to the I-95 traffic for advertizing current center events.
Kepler Space Institute